Experienced, Professional DUI Attorneys
Many people in Pennsylvania know what it is like to face drunk driving charges. Just because DUIs are common, however, does not mean they are not worth challenging. In fact, driving under the influence can carry a mandatory prison sentence — even if it’s your first offense.
For these reasons and others, it is imperative that you seek out legal guidance from an experienced attorney. At Chan & Associates in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, our two lawyers have more than 20 years of combined experience. We can help you build a strong defense against your DUI charges.
At our firm, you can expect professionalism and compassion — never judgment. We are here to help you, not make you feel bad for finding yourself in a difficult situation.
DUI/DWI Penalties In Pennsylvania
In Pennsylvania, the legislature decided that any DUI conviction comes with a mandatory jail sentence. Even if you have never been charged with DUI before, you could still face up to three days of jail time.
The penalties for a drunk driving conviction are based on several factors, including:
- Whether you were charged with DUI in the past 10 years
- How intoxicated you were within two hours of driving
- Whether a blood test shows a controlled substance in your system
- Whether you were involved in an accident
- Whether there was a child in the car at the time of your arrest
Adding any of these factors to a driving under the influence charge can lead to much harsher penalties.
How We Can Challenge The Charges
There are several ways to challenge DUI charges. The right approach depends on the circumstances of your specific situation. Our DUI lawyers will help you determine which one is right for you:
- Challenging breath test results: Breath test machines have to be calibrated properly in order to produce an accurate reading. They must also be properly administered. If there was a problem with the breath test machine, the results may be considered inadmissible.
- Challenging blood test results: If a blood test did not come out in your favor, it is possible to challenge the results. We can investigate the testing process to determine whether a mistake was made that could have affected your results.
- Challenging the traffic stop: The majority of DUI arrests start with a traffic stop. One way to challenge DUI charges is to challenge the validity of the traffic stop. Did police have reason to pull you over? If you were obeying traffic laws at the time, it’s possible the stop itself was unlawful.
Talk To One Of Our Attorneys In Your First Consultation
When you meet with us for the first time, we will listen to your story and help you determine your best options for building a defense against your DUI charges. Call us at 717-925-0665 or send us an email to schedule an appointment.