An Experienced Ally Can Help You Prepare For Divorce
Things have gradually or abruptly changed in your marriage. A communication breakdown, the rise of indifference and just plain bickering have led to a standstill in the relationship. You have resigned yourself that divorce is inevitable.
A skilled family law attorney will provide the answers you need related to divorce. Chan & Associates in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, will help you overcome this difficult challenge. Our team of attorneys have over 40 years of combined legal experience. Our team is compassionate, honest and fearless when it comes to protecting you and your family.
Get Organized – Get Legal Guidance
With a divorce on the horizon, you must be prepared. There are a number of things you must do and not do. Here is a primer:
- Get your financial documents in order: This would include mortgage statements related to your home’s value; all information related to retirement accounts; other documents such as proof of income and car’s value.
- Be cautious with social media: Avoid posting derogatory comments about your spouse; do not rally your friends against him or her; avoid posting controversial and tasteless images; do not overshare information.
- Talk with your children: Provide simple explanations and do not say bad things about the other spouse.
- Do not hide money or make drastic lifestyle changes: These will harm you during the divorce proceedings.
- Get emotional support: Consider meeting with a therapist.
- Maintain normal routines as much as possible: this will help you and your family work toward a smoother transition. It will help you to stay on track with the necessary legal paperwork, temporary child and spousal support and protections from abuse if needed.
- Select an experienced and knowledgeable attorney: You need a skilled legal advocate who has guided many divorce clients.
We know that divorce is difficult. But as long as you have an experienced legal ally, you and your family will get through this. Let us do our best to help you.
Contact A Compassionate Lawyer
Many things must be considered when preparing for a divorce, and many questions must be answered. Wendy Chan in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, is an experienced divorce and family law attorney ready to protect you. For an initial consultation, please contact us online or call 717-925-0665.